Mobile App Security
Security is one of the most interesting parts, while you are developing any application. Many factors will affect your app such as secure API, hash algo and many more. I am sharing all the factors and how we can overcome them.
- Unsecured API communication : We are using many API’s to make application to provide good user experience. Unfortunately, we are sending all data in open phase and not using any data secure algo for that.
- Not Using resources Properly: Hacker or any developer decompile any app then they can easily get our API url . Just because we are not using resources properly.
- Code Security: On bases of code we are not using any guard or safety layer which can block decompiler to make same state of code.
- Not Using Google/Apple Security Sets: Each platform has its own security state and we are not using these features in our app. Like Sandbox, Safety, Google play security/ Apple byte desk and some others.
- Not Using Gradle/KeyChain properties: Sometimes such we are using gradle in android only to add more lib/gradle. But gradle can hold many things as per security level. Also, in IPA development we need to use keychain to secure data.
- Unstable Memory Management: Many times we are not checking app memory. It is a very big factor, as if our app hold large data in memory then hacker can crack it easily.
Reduce Risk Factors
- Google SafetyNet API/App Transport Security: To make the connection secure, we can use Google SafetyNet API . When you safeguard the data that you exchange between your app and other apps, or between your app and a website, you improve your app’s stability and protect the data that you send and receive. Also, same for ios App transport security
- Hashing Algo: Compile all data with Cipher type hashing algo. to make all data secure and same for server level.
- Resource Management: Instead of placing any key or passcode in constant file use resource files or keychain/gradle files.
- Guard of Code: In Android, we have to use proguard/dexguard to add a safeguard for code.
- Memory Management: Add proper login and session management to clear out all data from app memory. Also, it will increase user data security.
- SSL Pinning: To make a secure connection SSL connection is important so after GSI/ATS use SSL pinning to make app server communication more secure.